Our Staff Spotlight continues with Kortney and her adorable dog! Read all about her, and learn something new from our Hidden Falls team mate.
1.How long have you worked at WWE? What’s your position? I have worked with Walters since November as an Assistant Venue Director. About to have our 1-year anniversary!! 😉
- Why do you love your job? favorite part?I love my job because of my team. We are all extremely close and can connect on so many different levels. We are truly a team because we are constantly seeing what we can do to help each other get to our goals. We step up when needed and we also can have an outside of work life…. together! It is very nice to have a work family that you actually like. Not everyone has that luxury, and I am grateful that I do! Another reason why I love my job is my clients. From the day we tour together, to the wedding day. Getting to know these brides, their story, their family, and seeing the dream wedding she has always wanted to come to life. That is one incredible feeling knowing I was a part of it.
- What is your favorite wedding moment from working at WWE? My favorite wedding moment is when the bride and groom see each other for the first time. That moment when I open the doors for her and her escort, and turning around to see his reaction…is priceless. That moment is something they both will remember for a lifetime. My other favorite moment is when they come into the ballroom for the first time introduced as bride and groom. Seeing the pride on their face and then looking at their guests. It is one of the purest moment of the nights as well.
- What do you do when you’re not working? (hobbies) When I am not working I am loving on my dog, enjoying my new city – Austin, spending time with family and friends, or going to the gym. I try to make it to the gym every day. And, well, naturally I love on my dog about 10+ times a day. He is pretty perfect.
- How often do you update your social media? I am getting worse at updating social media. I tend to use Snapchat and Instagram the most. Facebook just notified me last month that it has been a while since I last updated my profile. I like to live in the now. Which Snapchat and Instagram give me that, Facebook does not.
- Who would play you in a movie about your life? I would love Arielle Vandenberg to play me. She is so funny and outgoing! I would love to be represented as that.
- What song is your personal theme song?I don’t think that I have a personal theme song, but anything Backstreet boys is the way to go!
- Which TV show will you never get tired of binge watching? Grey’s Anatomy – I literally only have the basic channels and Netflix. Grey’s is the only thing I watch. I cannot stand reality TV so I think that it is kind of funny that I like Grey’s so much. It is pretty McDreamy if you ask me.
9. Where would you go for your dream vacation? Dream vacation: Hawaii or Tahoe. We got the blessing to go to Tahoe for a work trip, and I fell in LOVE.
- What is the first thing you would buy if you won the lottery? I would pay off my college student loans. That is not fun! But, then I would buy a new jeep. Mine is getting very old on me very quick. I would ideally want to buy a house, but with the way this company is growing – I would not want to be tied down. I am hoping we expand out to California someday!!
11. What is your all-time favorite restaurant?I love to eat! But, I would not say that I have a favorite restaurant. But, I do love Aldoco’s and Alamo Cafe – All in San Antonio. I need to find a new favorite place in Austin!
12. What’s your go-to drink, coffee, tea or coke? I drink so much green tea, I think it consumes my whole body at this point.
- What is something people wouldn’t know about you? (hidden talent, nick name, etc…) My sister and I are extremely close. So close, that we speak in our own language! When she moved to VA I was completely heart broken. It’s sad that you get used to not seeing your favorite person.
- Do you have any pets? Names? (Pictures)I have one slick, extra extra long, short haired dachshund. Benson has the floppiest ears, stubbiest legs, chunkiest paws, and the best personality. He is a rescue and the best thing that has happened to me. He is so handsome and goes by many names: Benson, Bensy, Bensouun, B, Mr. B, Mr. Benson, Ben, and Deputy Johnson. (We do not know where Deputy Johnson came from. But, he likes it!)
Wow, I think we learned a lot, and that dog, right? Adorable!